St.Petersburg Improvisers Orchestra is a first improvising orchestra in Russia and was founded by Dmitry Shubiin in 2012 on the base of Experimental Sound Gallery (ESG-21). Now it is a large improvising collective of more than 20 musicians.
Regular concerts at St.Petersburg Sound Museum (http://soundmuseumspb.ru)
More info: http://facebook.com/improvisers
Olga Krukovskaya (double bass), Konstantin Podgorbunsky (double bass), Daria Barabenova (cello), Alexandra Romanova (viola, theremin), Nikolay Rubanov (saxophones), Maxim Pozin (saxophone, flute), Mikhail Kolovsky (tuba), Konstantin Oganov (trumpet), Leonid Perevalov (bass cl.), Mark Kommer (saxophone, prepared vln.), Ignat Khlobystin (flute), Vladimir Grig (gtr), Pavel Oblapenko (bass gtr.), Dmitry Tykvin (prepared koto, daxophone), Stanislava Malakhovskaya (harp), Nikolay Sudnik (objects), Julia Kravchenko (piano, saw, voice), Ekaterina Mezhova (voice), Marina Pozina (voice), Tatiana Simonova (voice), Elena Koptilkina (voice), Ekaterina Fedorova (percussion), Alexey Ivanov (drums, percussion).
Artistic director and conductor: Dmitry Shubin.
- SKIF 16 International Festival (2012)
- Petrojazz Festival (2013)
- APosition International Forum (2015)
- Music of the Present International Festival (2015)
- Kukart XII International Theater Festival (2015)
- Baltiysky Dom XXI International Theater Festival (2016)
- The International Media Art Festival CYFEST (2017)
- WaterFront Festival (2017)
- The Museum's Night Festival (2014, 2017, 2018)
- Grand Prix of Sergey Kuryokhin Art Award (2017)